Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

cookie mountain



I dont bake, typically, and the reason I dont bake is baking requires recipes with measurements and I dont roll like that, thats why when I bake it is still things where I can wing it. Pizza dough, tortillas, and thats about it besides cookies and brownies and the occasional birthday cake. You can ask me how to make cake and I can tell you, its a couple eggs some sifted flour etc, etc unless you are making flourless cake...any way its cookie day.



Oatmeal, dried cranberries, white chips, milk chocolate chips and cinnamon, butter and other basic cookie ingredients, baked off at 375 for 7 minutes. Oh, and I like the treats inside the cookie to be just that, a treat, so I dont load my cookies up with the chips and bits - hard core cookie thats what I offer.

*+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+**+*+*



Thats not all. It was banana leaf luau day with ribs. No BBQ today baby, only red hot stove action.



Tasty, and tender



And Juicy and sweet, it just fell off...



Kids plate, he had seconds.



I'm tellin' ya'

18 comments:

Joy said...

I bake ...

... and I like your cookie philosophy.

Christo Gonzales said...

Joy: if its too laden then its a protien bar....

JT said...

i admire your casualness when it comes to cakes. they always confound me. i find if i cut corners, they are crappy. i still haven't made a decent cake from scratch.

Christo Gonzales said...

writermama: I here you loud and clear but the cake is not so ellusive...its all about the.....hold on I have to take this call

Mandi said...

nice!!! I just printed a new cookie recipe about 5 minutes ago, so I can make them with my little one. So its cookie time here too!!!

I also noticed your advocado - they are just coming into season here - yeah, cheap cheap cheap~!!! Thats not a bird by the way!!

HA HA HA....

Harmony said...

Great pics...again! Looks fantastic.

side note: I missed your winning entry....what was it?

Christo Gonzales said...

mandi: did I say here when I meant to say hear in my last response to writermama oh well ...the little ol' fact that it is now getting to be summer for you is - well - cool.

harmony: its back for a bit but I am going to have to make this post come and go for at least another day....catch it now!

buffalodick said...

I use dried cranberries or dried cherries alot in my cookies! Banana leaf wrapped food looked good!

tavolini said...

ooh--that salad looks good, too!

I could go for a cookie right about now. And some coffee.

Christo Gonzales said...

buffalo: the banana leaf adds such a flavor depth that is hard to explain...

tavolini: In my book you cant go wrong with avocado and tomato

Angel said...

where's MY plate?????

The Blonde Duck said...

I love barbeque! Yum. And those cookies look divine!

Anette said...

Ahh! the look of that food! I understand why your son asked for seconds!! It looked so good! with the avocado and all.. (heavily dribbling now) And the way your cookies crumbles... They could fill my cookie jar any time!

Christo Gonzales said...

beth: its right here wrapped in foil just waiting on you

the blonde duck: the cookies were a joint venture with me and the little guy

anette: you made my face red...you are talking about cookies right???

deb said...

Outstanding! Been so busy I will touch base with you soon. Thanks for checking in. ;)

Anette said...

anette: didn't think of it that way, but who can tell! the pictures made me feel quite euphoric!

Christo Gonzales said...

deb: no prob-

anette: I was kidding, but still...

Anette said...

so was I, but still..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin