Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Junk Food

Every now and then I get a craving for some junk food, well thats what I call it anyway but it is usually tacos or pizza or chicken wings, I guess beer food would be a better label, but I make my junk food. This time around it is three cheese pizza and buffalo chicken strips.
The pizza is easy you can either make the dough or buy prepared dough then put on some of your favorite sauce, mine is a little on the cajun side of spice and then meats or cheeses. I used bufala mozzarella and raclette and parmeseano reggiano, and then I drizzled truffle oil on it after it was done.
But that wasnt enough so I made buffalo chicken strips. I breaded and fried some chicken breast and then toss it in hot sauce and devour with blue cheese dressing or creme fraiche (I actually used mexican sour cream this time and it was great.
I somehow feel that if it is made at home it cant be that bad for you.

6 comments:

L said...

That pizza looks very delish.

Michelle Ann said...

I love a good hot wing and those looked good! Maybe because it's an excuse to eat blue cheese dressing.

buffalodick said...

When you make it at home, you are in control of the salt, fat used, and you don't even have the chemicals the big boys use! Of course it's healthier!

MommaMonkey said...

I'm freakin' drooling. All of it looks so good.

Angel said...

hey, if it's made at home...it's practically calorie free!!

I want to live at your house....

pinknest said...

wow...you are treading on some deliciously dangerous territory here! and i often feel the same way. making "Bad" things at home make them better.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin