Pages

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

cinco de smoothie or the Maman and Gourmand Smoothie/Shake Recipe Contest!

http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-life/general-information/images/mexico-flag-sm.jpg
I
n honor of the Mexicans beating the French in the battle at Puebla in 1862 I offer up a smoothie bandera (flag).



I tried to section it off like the flag but I couldnt get it to work by simply pouring slow. I could have frozen it in sections but what good is a smoothie if it takes so long to make and its frozen? No matter. This is a strawberry, kiwi, banana, mint smoothie and it turned out great! I thought I would throw my sombrero in the ring for this contest.



If you want to make one you need a banana, a kiwi, 5 strawberries and some sprigs of mint. Blend the fruit individually with soy milk until smooth. You can be like a food stylist and start this yesterday by pouring the green one first and put it in the freezer to set, then pour the banana next and freeze it until its set then pour on the strawberry - wait until the entire thing thaws and enjoy or if you prefer the flag going the other way start with strawberry, then banana and then kiwi; or you can do like I did and just pour each layer in slowly and hope for the best. Happy Cinco de Mayo all you Frenchies out there looks like you lost again.



Look, here is a total kiwi one that didnt work out at all, I poured the green first and the red dropped straight to the middle like a bowling ball, then I topped it with white that blended just as fast.

24 comments:

snugs said...

Happy Cinco De Mayo Doggy!

KennyT said...

Wow, brilliant!!! Can I use milk instead of soy milk?

Reeni said...

What a tasty concoction! And so clever. Two straws - one for me?

vanillasugarblog said...

LOL!
I had nothing mexican today. I was a bad blogger.

lk- Healthy Delicious said...

this looks really fun, healthy AND tasty!

Christo Gonzales said...

snugs: thanks and the same to you...

kenny: you most certainly can...

reeni: no problemo

dawn: this is as far as I got..

healthy: it was all of those and more...

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Oh la la-tres bien!!!
The French would have to accept defeat at the feet of this smoothie!
Au revoir :)
You still haven't told me-"Chez" as in the French 'chez moi'?

Harmony said...

That's a fabulous looking smoothie. You take the best pictures. Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it.

And? Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Merci beaucoup-haven't had a chance to use the French language after school. BTW, "Bonne Nutrition"-is French too!!Not "Bonnie" as so many of my friends call it(and I don't have the heart to correct them)!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Happy Cinco de mayo Chris... Thats a brilliant shake with the mexian bandera theme... Looks very comforting, but I feel its gonna be a long time for us to enjoy Summer ;)

Pooja said...

Wow smoothie looks creamy n delicious! Perfect entry for the contest :)

Admin said...

So pretty. With all these delicious flavors going on, I would do what you did too. Freezing one layer after another requires the kind of patience and self-restraint I know I don't have.

Selba said...

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

It's really a wonderful smoothie.

Jenn said...

Happy Cino de Mayo!!!

What a better way to celebrate than with a three colored smoothie. Yum yum!!

Mandi said...

This is my favorite breakfast, and I still dont have time in the morning to do something this quick and easy, you have inspired me to do better - must go and organise my fruit shopping!!!!

Pam said...

So clever and tasty too.

Home At Last said...

yum! I love smoothies and particularly soy smoothies. Still can't taste - so it might as well be healthy!

Anonymous said...

Happy cinco de mayo! Love the smoothie!

Chitra said...

gorgeous click;)

Unknown said...

WOW! That looks so good!

tavolini said...

Looks mad tasty, regardless of layering ;)

Happy Cinco!

Unknown said...

I think it looks refreshing!! I like that you tried to do the flag...that's awesome. I think you need to have cardboard or some kind of divider that fits in the glass. I am going to have to test it out.

Thank you for entering!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Looking so good..can i have a sip.. colours are truely beautiful

lisaiscooking said...

Striped or not, it sounds great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin