Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

posole

After a while I have to start preaching and when I preach its all about chile. I am so damn fickle that when my buddy gives me some powdered from New Mexico I cant help but complain that its over roasted. I sent some super fresh stuff to a guy in michigan and I know it was good because I have several bags my self, although that oregano was darn strong - strong. Whats my point? Chile. I always revert back to chile.

The birthday went well and people stopped by that were unexpected and it all turned out real nice. We ate such a cacophany of flavors that it seemed like an excessive post.

this was the menu



Oh..posole...it can easily be made to fit any diet..in this case it is meat eaters but if you want to do a non meat version just boil the corn more. (there is no non meat way)

This posole is the easy one

ingredients:

all the pigs feet you care to eat in two days

same with pork neck bone

two pounds of tripe

salt

garlic

onion

pinch of oregano

10 chile pods


boil all together(only 2 chile pods) for two hours or until tender.


sauce

chile pods with seeds ninus stems
2 peeled garlic cloves
fill a blender with about 6 or 7 pods add water garlic and another pinch of that oregano,
blend until smooth and after its smooth blend another minute.

warm sauce over low heat serve over

hominy:

buy two cans of hominy
and warm up

ladle all together and you get this

Posole.

21 comments:

Dana said...

Hominy is one of my favorite vegetables, but my family thinks I'm nuts!

This, as usual, looks fabulous DB!

Kitt said...

Happy birthday! Posole is great. I prefer shoulder to trotters, though. Just a mental thing.

I fill my freezer with roasted Hatch chiles every fall.

Christo Gonzales said...

dana: slap some hominy sense in em'

kitt: hatch....you know what time it is!

buffalodick said...

The guy in Michigan hasn't forgotten! I'm still going to send you something! E-mail me your ship to address when you get a chance!

pinknest said...

gorgeous!! and happy birthday to the little guy. is there a hatch chile festival in the city?

Real Live Lesbian said...

YUM! Your dishes always look so fab!

Unknown said...

Pig feet? I just can't bring myself to eat the feet of any creature, let alone pigs.

I know I know! I'm picky!

deb said...

what's the name of the "fresh stuff" How do I get some?? Posole mmm good stuff. Hominy I use in my chile and quesadillas, tacos, or plain with butter, salt and pepper. luv it

Angel said...

um...it looks really good and you had my until I read the pig feet....just give it to me, don't tell me what's in it until AFTER I eat it and love it!!!!

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: I wasnt trying to remind you...

pinknest: no there isnt but that would be one street fair I wouldnt mind going to

real: you are so sweet, must be the southern girl in you

bina: dont worry there are far more picky eaters than you

debbyd: this 'fresh stuff' was BUENO brand

beth: just follow the good smells and forget about what I said

deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deb said...

http://www.buenofoods.com/ is this the stuff?

Andie said...

Not doing the feet. Nope. Nada. Not happening. But it looks good. Just can't get past the feet.

Anonymous said...

hey! i thought i ate all the "good" bones...so yummy

Christo Gonzales said...

debbyd: that would be the one

andie: its all in the name, if I named it something else you might like it

jb: this was before you got to it

Michelle Ann said...

Love, love love love Posole! Where's the shredded cabbage? That's my favorite part.

Anndi said...

I've never had that... but it sounds yummy.

daphne said...

Happy belated Birthday!!

I have to admit that this dish is new to me! I'm not a big fan of pig trotters but it's certainly an eye-opener to see another recipe using it other than the traditional chinese vinegar pig trotter dish!

HAR said...

My dad ate this all of the time. I just can't do it. But thanks for the happy memories of my father this morning. :)

C. said...

For some reason now you have me craving chili pepper and chocolate. WTF? You're killing me dude. KILLING me.

Tanya Kristine said...

damn you got every body all excited.

another birthday, gone.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin