Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

fully Enchanted and back in the Apple


Our little trip to the Land of Enchantment was unexpected, sudden and now over too quickly. Without going into too much detail we had to go and it wasnt for fun but that didnt stop us from enjoying everything New Mexico has to offer. If you are talking scenic vistas thats a given, cool crisp and clean air as well but whats the biggest draw when you get home - the food!

Of course we had all kinds of things at all kinds of places but nothing and I mean absolutely nothing beats eating at my moms house. One of the biggest all time favorites is the green chile and cheese tortilla burger. Now dont go and try and capitalize on my idea and think you can start a franchise because you will run into a little opposition, worse than cinco de mayo, worse than whatever you think is worse and then more worse than that.

The beef needs to be shaped so that it fits in the tortilla better then you add a little green chile and some grated cheese.

Cooked to perfection you can then add whatever you have around, from guacamole on down but dont forget the yellow mustard the mayo and some onions, lettuce and tomato - now this is one damn good burger.

18 comments:

Belinda said...

Oh my gosh, green chilis are the best!!!!!

mely said...

That dish looks mouthwatering. Does it has some spices on the meat? I would love to make it my teenager son will be happy.

Glad you are back in NY.

Mely

snugs said...

I am suprised no one has come up with a tortilla burger in my area, I should open and burger shack! Glad you made it home before the next northener..

Angie's Recipes said...

Wish we could get some fresh green chillies with reasonable price.

Marjie said...

I hope nothing too tragic took you to New Mexico, Christo. I wondered where you had been; welcome home, just in time for today's snow and ice.

Anonymous said...

You had me at green chilis!!! Looks amazing! :D

Magic of Spice said...

What a great idea...and I do love chilis :) Sorry that your trip was unexpected, hope all is OK.

CreativeMish said...

OH Yum!

Anonymous said...

I am so making this. Just went to one of the NM restaurants in Denver. Saw this on the menu and now wish I would have ordered it.

Christina said...

This = genius!!!

Sharon Rudd said...

What a great burger variation! Sounds amazing.

Karen said...

Looks great!

♥peachkins♥ said...

That looks very very tasty!

Anna C said...

Mouthwatering dish! I think you might be on to a possible new food trend. Good thing you warned us about copyright protection on your mom's tortilla burger.

Anna's Table

Vickie said...

Christo, this is the coolest new food ever! I'm so going to make this for the guys - love it!

briarrose said...

Mmmm....chilies. This looks wonderful.

Cynthia said...

Darn! Now I have to go and find something to eat!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Glad you had a good trip. That looks AMAZING!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin