Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

irons in the fire

[CIMG1696.JPG]

I am a little behind on my blogging lately - I have three guest posts to write that I have only barely started and I havent been over here on my own blog in almost a week. I have been working on a commissioned painting that I need to finish in the next couple weeks as it has to get shipped off and be ready for an anniversary coming up in January. What does all this have to do with anything you wonder - well it has to do with everything since I dont have time to blog. While I wait for things to dry I take off on my bicycle and if I am not careful I always end up at the same place.....



I have a favorite sandwich and this is it. It is the lamb doner from Yatagan and nothing comes close to it for flavor and value. Lamb slices, pita bread, onions, tomatoes, hot sauce, lettuce and a creamy yoghurt sauce make this meal a champion in my book. Bear with me while I get the painting to a comfortable level and then I will be back in full force!

27 comments:

Heather S-G said...

I would love to end up there...YUM!! I want one. Get your stuff done. FAST ;)

Nutmeg Nanny said...

If I ended up at a delicious spot like that I would be happy :) I usually end up on my couch watching endless hours of Judge shows...haha.

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love love love that wraps!

vanillasugarblog said...

why don't we get to see a sample of the artwork? hmmm?

Reeni said...

Looks like delicious sustenance to get you through your work!!

tavolini said...

oh that looks awesome!! There was a place in Sao Paulo that had beef cooked in the same fashion and the sandwiches sold for 2 reals. I think Tavo ate 5 in one sitting....

Yeah for painting commissions!! That's awesome :)

Donna-FFW said...

Nice to end up at a happy place. Take your time, get your work finished, we ain't going anywhere. Even if you want us too.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I love these... BTW, got time to guest post for me???

theUngourmet said...

That first photo reminds me of a huge lobster tail! :D

Laura said...

That is a huge stack o' meat yum! Glad I'm not the only one ignoring my blog of late thankfully we both have honest reasons :)

monica said...

you paint? wow, would love to see your work.
Good ending, if you ask me:o)

snugs said...

a dog of so many talents you are...

teresa said...

oh my goodness! i want this so bad!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Thank u:)
Hope we can make it-this looks too good to miss!!

Velva said...

Life and work have a way of getting in the way of blogging. We will all be here when you return.

I love doners. Enjoyed them often in Germany.

Marjie said...

Bicycling for that lamb sandwich seems like a fine deal to me. And when do we get to see a sneak preview of your commissioned work?

nora@ffr said...

vat a great spot!! hehe!! loving it soo much!!
cheers!!

Juliana said...

Oh my! Would love to try this wrap :-)

Cucinista said...

Mmmm... elephant leg. I just love a kebab.

Cynthia said...

It is easy to see why this is a favourite and why you would keep returning to it.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your painting and see you back online soon!

Fresh Local and Best said...

Wow that looks like a meat tornado!

The Blonde Duck said...

That pita looks wonderful!

pinknest said...

Good luck with the painting! In the meantime, I will eat your lamb.

buffalodick said...

Hang in there, you'll get it done, and it will be good!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Sounds like things are busy and exciting in Doggybloggy land. Nice! Would love to see a sneak peek of the painting if you're so inclined. Either way, good luck with all the irons!

debby said...

oh yum

Blog Widget by LinkWithin