Pages

Friday, November 06, 2009

just another tool


Since I got a new torch I thought I would show you the rest of my little tool kit.



This bad boy gets up to 2500 degrees with the flick of a button. I was at the dentist a week ago and they were melting something to make an impression and they were using a torch like this - I copied the name down and ordered one when I got home - perfect, small and efficient!



This is my knife to go bag with my new little torch waiting to see where it goes - I took off the base of the torch and it snugs right in. A couple three knives worth over a couple hundred each (bought years ago so who knows the value now) One custom knife that I had a deer antler handle put on and that cost a buck or two on an already pricey knife - again done years and years ago - and other utilitarian knives I dont mind beating up. There are some tongs that are black that I got them from my friend in Norway (thanks again Anette) but you cant see them behind the knife sharpener and extra fuel for the torch.



Three different thermometers just in case. One goes up to 250 one goes up to 500 and one is digital and I dont know how far it goes up since I hardly use any of them - see my old little hand held torch - its the blue thing - it did not get the job done if I had to do a lot but it sure is cute and portable! I use chopsticks to place things on plates - in case you are wondering. There are some things missing like the mini baster and maybe another gadget or two that I took out and cant quite remember what they are right at this moment. It all rolls up and fastens with velcro straps and has a nice shoulder strap. This is mine now show me yours!

14 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Fun Peek!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Look at all those man tools :) Thanks for sharing!

teresa said...

i can't let me husband see this, he'll be jealous!

Kathleen said...

Wow! Looks like you're set for just about anything. Don't forget your protective eye wear,

Anonymous said...

Sorry DB, this is like GREEK to me...totally COooOL knives though...! What is it with guys and their tools/ gadgets anyway ? My hubs is NO BETTER ! ;)

Velva said...

That is a scream! Can you say man toys? Love it!

Lea Ann said...

That little torch is what I call a Power Tool.

Reeni said...

I wish I had something to show! But nothing I have compares!

vanillasugarblog said...

you have a nice chef-stash growing there. I have a small chef knives set going, albeit small. I would LOVE to get a torch though so I can finally make my own creme brulee.

buffalodick said...

Those torches are the handiest darn tools! Knives....well you know how I feel about those!

Anette said...

I do like your bag of tools!! And I'm glad the tongs comes in handy! I use mine every day!

Unknown said...

For a minute there I was trying to figure out what you would use the contents of the belt for...something involving fava beans and bottle of Cianti (spelling?....Silence of the lambs reference) Boy you take your kitchen tools seriously!

Jormengrund said...

Was it just me, or did anyone else get a laugh at the deer antler knife that cost a buck?

Very punny Doggy.. Very punny indeed.

www.dhaleb.com said...

I would love to see people's expression when you whip this out to prepare them a meal!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin