Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

weekend easys


W
eekends can go either way with me, I can sometimes go way over the top or I can fall back on what comes easy. Lately I have been busy with being busy and its the kind of busy that creates future busy so it is necessary.



After spending a nice afternoon at the farmers market enjoying all of the late summer produce, the artisan cheeses, the wines and baked goods it woke me up a bit. This time of year you get all the tomato varieties all piled up and ready to be chosen.



I went ahead and picked up a few orange tomatoes and some purple basil and then stopped at the cheese and sausage place to pick up a fresh and warm mozzarella to put this ensalata caprese together.



A few cheesy sliders cant possibly be a bad idea especially when you have a fresh baked baguette and some fantastic grass fed beef, not to mention the delicious field tomatoes. Simple standbys are often just what the doctor ordered.

16 comments:

Marjie said...

I think that if it has fresh tomatoes, it's almost guaranteed to be what I ordered; the doctor's opinion be damned!

Kim said...

Hiya!!!
I love tomatoes!! The more the merrier! BTW...great photos! I'm hungry now and I just ate dinner! haa haa!

Reeni said...

Your mojo's coming back!! I was reading all your posts. A trip to the Farmer's Market sure is a good place for inspiration. This all looks delicious!!!

Jenn said...

I love a fresh tomato. That slider is so tempting with the cheesy goodness teasing me.

Melody said...

Slide that slider over here!

Heather S-G said...

How pretty...that twisted caprese salad!! Gorgeous :D And yeah, the slider is totally mouthwatering!

Anette said...

A farmers market is always an inspiration! We don't have such a thing close by where I live, but when we go to England we always go to the market just to see, smell, buy something and listen to them shout out their offers! If I had one close, I'd be a regular costumer!

Parita said...

Oh wow everything looks so incredibly delicious, i love weekends!

♥peachkins♥ said...

Purple Basil? Does it taste like the green Basil? everything looks good!

buffalodick said...

A hamburger on a superior quality fresh roll or bun, really elevates it!

Christo Gonzales said...

marjie: fresh tomato, mayo on white bread is always a winner for me

kim: hey kim long time no see

reeni: seeing fresh ingredients does help

jenn: cheesy goodness rules!

melody: sliding

girli: twisted? I wish I could make it look all twisted..LOL

anette: no markets? wierd.

parita: and this is a long weekend I just found out...no school tomorrow

peach: it tastes like the green basil - maybe a tad more aromatic

buff: hey stop telling secrets!

Jeanne Estridge said...

You make such beautiful food -- even when you're taking it easy.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Wow you are making so hungry! I have never seen purple basil before...I'm intrigued.

Anonymous said...

Love the cheezy sliders! :D

lk - healthy delicious said...

mmmmmm cheesey!!! it looks all melty and awesome!

Live.Love.Eat said...

OMG, I LOVE all your food here and the pics are beautiful. So glad you came by so that I can come on over here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin