Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

fat year

As fat as this year seems to have been, it has not been as fat as I thought , it has been a year of lean cuts and high prices. Not an easy year to 'get fat' as it were. I made a 'vow' to do 365 blog posts in one year and on its own its seems like an easy task. Many would say that they could do that in one day but that isnt the 'idea' the task is to do something 'relevant' every single day (on average) in a year. I have not been the most 'relevant' but I have stuck to the task at hand, all my jokes aside.

It is not easy to be new every day. I made a lot of repeat dishes and posted jokes to fill in the blanks so perhaps and in reality I didnt do what I 'wanted' to do rather than I ended up doing what I 'had' to do.

365 posts later we are none the wiser definitely older and probably less funny. At least I dont have to be a serial poster anymore. Its like running a marathon - I can say I did it.

In the process of 'doing' this blog I made friends along the way, and some of those friends I ended up doing.....kidding just kidding.......not all of them were my friends.......kidding, still kidding........I didnt always make friends I was doing.....thats the truth, but I did walk away learning a little bit more about communication.

I will have a harder time 'not' having a blog than 'having' a blog.

Here is the year in review.

[jan01mona20351.JPG]

January

[feb2christo0051.JPG]

February

[mar22christo0016.JPG]

March

[CIMG1515.JPG]

April



May

[CIMG2446.JPG]

June

[CIMG3372.JPG]

July

[CIMG3803.JPG]

August

[CIMG0036.JPG]

September

[CIMG0018.JPG]

October

[CIMG0038.JPG]

November

[CIMG0019.JPG]

December

See you next year!

21 comments:

Chef E said...

Your year was beautiful Dog...your friend no matter...E

Dana said...

You did it! Not at all an easy task. And if nothing else, one could say it was an interesting year of fairy tales ans resolve. I'm glad it ended on a good note!

Gina said...

I was really struck by one thought you wrote....it's not easy being new every day....how very true....

in fact that is (for me) the curse and blessing of blogging....in one sense it is hard to find something to write about....but in other...it forces you to look around and pay attention so you do have something to write about....

I was thinking recently of quitting the blog....but then I realized that blogging forced me to keep my eyes open on my life and day...and in the end ...that is a good thing.

Blessings in the new year.

Joie de vivre said...

Congratulations. It sounded as if you were saying goodbye. I hope that is not the case, you make me laugh. Happy New Year!

Barrie said...

Love the year in review! Happy New Year!

Christo Gonzales said...

chef e: thanks

dana: yeah huh..right...well its one more under the belt...check your mail.

gina: me too to you too

joie de vivre: nope just 'saying' is all

barrie: thanks...really...it does mean a whole lot...


I love all of my blog 'friends' I do, I LOVE YOU......

Christo Gonzales said...

dana: that did not sound right.....it was meant to be more soft.

Anette said...

I'm with Gina, blogging is an extra reason to look around for things to blog about. And on the way I see so much interesting!
Its very professional giving a review of the year, Le Chien! And the November picture is very beautiful! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Should old acquaintance be forgot.......... Happy New Year!!!

MommaMonkey said...

Love the year in review! And (((pat on the back mixed with a hug))) congrats on the 365 posts!! Impressive....

Ken said...

Have a good NY,NY,NYE!

Blog when you want to, I think you'll still have a few folks checking in.

buffalodick said...

Good post about the past year! Best wishes for 2009!

Darius T. Williams said...

Wonderful recap! Happy new Year!

-Darius
www.everydaycookin.com

Harmony said...

What a great year..thanks for sharing with us! Happy New Year to you and yours.

Angel said...

ahhhh Dog...My Dog. I LOVE this post!!! and the photos????HELLO!!!! The one of The pup bu The cyclone??? AWESOME!!!!

Love you Dog....you always make my year day/year better. and I didn't even have to do you! ;)

Stacey Snacks said...

I liked your year in review.
Looking forward to 2009 posts.

happy healthy.
I am a bit wiser, definitely OLDER and I am definitely FATTER this year!

your FFF, Stacey

Emily said...

Here's to another year of great posts at ChezWhat! Have a happy New Year!

Chef E said...

...but you are phat!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your pictures especially April's. I am so impressed by the 365 and the ingenuity you exhibited- not boring at all, even to me who is not a foodie! Looking at the world new everyday is a mindfulness thing and no small feat. I have seen you grow in your blog posts and it's been a pleasure to meet you! Happy New Year Mr DoggyB !

CreativeMish said...

Happy New Year!!

tavolini said...

What's with the dancing worm things??

The picture of the pup in front of astroland is one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin