Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

jerkin' off



T
rust me it IS as good as it sounds. This jerky was brought to you from somewhere in Texas. I have all kinds of family and friends in Texas, in fact I lived in Texas in the early 80's, but what does that have to do with anything? Nothing. I have some spice that actually comes from Florida that I got from a friend in Texas, thats all.



The meat was sliced on the bias from frozen slabs to make them all exactly the same, like this.



Heavily seasoned with this.



Set up to dry like this.



Ready like this.

10 comments:

Chef E said...

OK, that title might scare some off, but not me...I have a dehydrater just like that...jerky it is...jerky you are not...a close to Texan you might...the bunny ears...hummmmmm

buffalodick said...

Well that makes three of us that has American Harvest Dehydrators...

snugs said...

don't be jerkin off with that spices now!

Christo Gonzales said...

chef e: dont be skeered

buff: its contagious

snugs: well, I never.....

Chef E said...

My son was looking at your blog and had a good laugh at this title...he said it sounds good! I think I wrote this when I got home at 1 AM..getting my groove on and I did...not so good on the poetry here...but bunnies do not scare me either :)

CreativeMish said...

We make Jerky a couple of times a year. My Handyman uses some kind of homemade merinade with pineapple juice, red peppers , black pepper etc.. It turns out so good

Harmony said...

I am not a big jerky fan myself...but my hubby he loves that stuff. His dad loves trying new recipes and making us all try them...not too bad...just not my thing...

Maggie said...

I did a lot with my dehydrator this year but haven't made any jerky. What cut of beef did you use?

Argus Lou said...

Hi there. Such a funny and pretty blog. Came over from Jesse's.

How do you dry the jerky? Can I dry them in the microwave? I don't own a dehydrator - the whole of Switzerland is dehydrating. :)

Hornsfan said...

I've never cared much about having a dehydrater but now I want one!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin