Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

like magic



Through the wonders of television we will be able to finish out the year doing a post a day from here on out. Like the economy, this blog had to downsize and pink slip a few things and through this restructuring we are left with the number we wanted this far in, we had to think back 'in' the box if you can believe that, we managed to find the 12 posts we needed to hit this years projection of 365. It looks like its going to be a good year after all. I will be the first to admit that trying to 'stagger' my posts was not working on all fronts. I am BAADD - Blog Addicted And Desperately Disordered, I think thats what they call it. This blog gives a sense of order to things that I should not disrupt with 'staggering' for any reason. This blog is my medication, it satisfies my BAAD condition. Point? Give me a minute and I will come up with one......

In the meantime. I will be taking requests as I am on an apparent idea holiday, I seem to have left them in my other pants or something, my ideas that is, I got my manners this time....just forgot my ideas.

We got two new kittens, they are wild, literally, they are wild, we rescued them from the street.

Fifth Avenue around 1 or 2 am about 2 weeks ago or so.



Hustle Bustle.



Filming yet another movie or television show in the 'hood'.

20 comments:

Kitt said...

You rescued the kitties from Fifth Avenue? Lucky kitties!

What movie?

Kitt said...

Oh, and here's an idea for another post.

Ken said...

As you have brought wild kittys to your home, how about more info and possible ways to show us more wild foods. I know the season is wrong but I'd love to see you prepare more wild foods. Things that grow wild from the woods.
Maybe something to think about for spring.

Angel said...

since they're filming a movie on your block...do a movie food post. But something obscure..not something so obvious like "The Godfather" or something like that....maybe "3 Heads in a Bag" or something.

Christo Gonzales said...

kitt: no they didnt come from fifth avenue - more like the lower east side. I will check into that post idea..

micky-t: that is a fine suggestion - I will see what I can do

beth: like the food the catering companies put out or foods insipired by a movie theme? I am guessing you mean movie theme....

buffalodick said...

Better let Urban Vegan in on how you caught them, she's trying to rescue one in Philly...

Michelle Ann said...

I swear..you have the cutest kid.

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: live traps - like you would use to catch racoons...

michelle ann: Thanks so much but do you want to throw up with his cuteness - watch this video he made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpfl-sw4Nt0

Anonymous said...

Either cat named 'Stouffers'?


How about gingerbread houses?

CreativeMish said...

love seeing the hood video's. It's pretty quiet in my hood. Hardly ever even see another person this time of year. We pull inside the garage, close the door and stay inside.. When the sun warms up it's a different story.

Marjie said...

Glad the pup has kitties to play with. Kids love small animals, like my dog.

Just telling it like it is said...

I hear you about the blogging...for me it is definitely a fix and helps me be famous in my own mind..
Thankful this year and on the way to be an even better year!!!
So, sweet to give the kittens a good home...

The Blonde Duck said...

Hooray for you! I'm so glad you rescued the kitties!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...I'd like to see inside your pantry....seriously....

Chef E said...

I saw the video of the kid on youtube.com and he is the spiting image of his pappa!

Anonymous said...

Baad- love the diagnosis! I could live on vids of the kitties forever but that's just me!Theycan't be completely feral or they sure wouldn't let you touch them! So take heart - they will settle down. Are they running around like crazed kitties? I Love that. What a good deed- 5 stars for you Mr Doggy!

Mandi said...

Some ideas for your new kittens. They will settle eventually but will always be slightly timid with strangers. Put butter on their paws, they lick it and get the scent of the house and it makes them more relaxed. And of course FEED them, like us humans, this always helps!!!

Lucky kid!!!

Anonymous said...

BAADD...Yep, that would be my latest neurosis as well...Thanks for the lable...A shrink would have charged $500 and at least 2 sessions to diagnose that!

tavolini said...

Two kittens? Sounds like mayhem!

urban vegan said...

Buff sent me to this post! How wonderful of you.

I also just took in a stray...I'm convinced she's not feral, but she needs resocialization. Yikes. How are your guys doing?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin