Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

seasonal

Ama Ebi, sweet shrimp, are only available in NYC right now at a super cheap price. They are light in weight but red in color and female and usually filled with roe. Go ahead google ama ebi and you can peruse the photos that I thought about linking to. Instead maybe you remember these and they are not the same as these.Well let me be the first and if not the first then the next to tell you that these shrimp are sweet. You want to just ...mmm they have a different translucency when raw that makes you turn them into tartar.



These sweet shrimp and this - heaven.

4 comments:

buffalodick said...

My wife like shrimp any way you got it.. Bubba Gump lives...

tavolini said...

an egg theme here, eh? I get squeamish around roe...

Anette said...

Are they boiled, being so pink?

Never tasted a Shrimp-kebab (as Bubba mentioned in Forrest Gump (I loved that film)) Have you tasted it?

Cynthia said...

I would enjoy this very much. You made me hungry with your writing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin