Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

get my goat

Wow two goat posts in less than a month. I keep finding goat that looks super fresh at the store for a buck 79 per pound. Cant beat that with a wooden noodle so I keep getting it and its really good. I love gamey meat and this fits the bill. This time around it was more of a coconut ginger curry that I let stew down till it was thick and we made rotis. Now I dont want to go off and fool you a roti is ever so similar to a tortilla in my book so tortillas it was. We made a fusion meal I guess you could say since the roti is a kind of burrito or vice versa.... (do a search for "goat" in my blog...I was surprised)



The pup gnawed on some of the meat then wanted a pizza bagel so I complied. I cant always expect him to enjoy some of these flavors even though he does try.



Cheese is our friend.

8 comments:

pinknest said...

oh god that goat looks good!!! my mom used to make rotis. love them. i'll take the pizza bagel too.

buffalodick said...

I like goat... and goat cheese too!

Unknown said...

I've never had goat meat. I don't think I've ever even seen it at the store! But I do know there are a LOT of goat farmers around so I'm wondering, what are they doing with these goats? Hmmmmm

Hope you don't mind, but I added you to my blog.

Meg Kelso said...

It looks good, but then again, liver smells good. Goat? Where the heck do you buy goat from?

Angel said...

oh yes ....cheese is a very, very good friend...feta, cheddar, gorgonzola, brie, mozzerella and then lots more feta!!

the pizza looks yummy...I'll eat with the pup.

Christo Gonzales said...

pinknest: there once was a great roti place on 30th and fifth but alas it is no more

buffalo: goat = good

bina: you are not the only one..and no I dont mind being on your blog

meg: I have commented on your blog but it never shows

beth: how about goat cheese and did you know good feta is made from sheeps milk?

Christo Gonzales said...

thats not tomatoe. by the way, that shizzle is pepperoni

Tanya Kristine said...

i'd sleep in cheese if i could.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin