Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

minis

Individual portion control. Sometimes I dont know what to do with myself so I make individual servings. Sometimes I crack out old diner menus that I have collected and I let people order from the menu and I try and see if I have the stuff to make it. Sometimes I take something that I make all the time and its fool proof and I completely screw it up because I think I can "make it better." Sometimes I microwave frozen swanson or banquet pot pies cause the kid likes em.



Sometimes I make individual eggplant parmeseans



Fry up the eggplant in the normal way.



Layer into a muffin tin with ricotta and sauce alternately.



Bake till bubbly. Serve it up.



Eat.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eggplant is not my favorite, but somehow you make it look very appetizing. I'd eat that!

Anette said...

Holy eggplant! That looked exstraordinary good and quite creative! And still not too hard to do I presume?
Another way to use the muffin tray.
What sauce did you use?

Dana said...

Believe it or not, I had NEVER tried eggplant until just a few months ago (I'm 43) and I discovered that I *heart* it! Especially as eggplant parmesean, or on a sub roll with fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil with a touch of garlic mayo! YUMMM!!

Christo Gonzales said...

clover: you are my gauge and if it looks good to you then it must be good...

anette: not hard to do at all....you can make a marinara sauce or use your favorite from a jar.

dana: hard not to heart fried with cheese thats all I can say...

Tanya Kristine said...

did you get the water out of the eggplant? everytime i make it it's mushy so i hate it.

daphne said...

I LOVE eggplant! And those mini ones look so tempting.. I might take more than 1 though! LOL

Christo Gonzales said...

tanya: I salt mine up proper

daphne: you could eat two or three

buffalodick said...

Man, that looked great! Could be an appetizer , snack, or a meal!

k said...

"old diner menus that I have collected and I let people order from the menu and I try and see if I have the stuff to make it"
- what a great idea!

akakarma said...

What a great idea! I love making eggplant parm but it is a lot of work. This looks easier. Probably the hardest part is not eating the eggplant right after it's fried!lol

Unknown said...

All I can say, Oh My God!!!! YUMMY

Blog Widget by LinkWithin