Pages

Friday, March 16, 2007

Wow Wee

I find myself looking forward to the weekend in a different way and when a friend said today that she was glad it was Friday and I said why and she said she can look forward to uninterrupted sleep I instantly related. Weekends used to mean so much more, now they mean no early school day mornings with breakfast and hustle. More of a laid back, eat pankcakes and sip coffee and cocoa kind of mornings. It is different with the kid factor for sure but the endless joy that you reap from their amazement makes it all worth it. Toaster waffles with whipped cream is an eight year olds version of nirvana. Oh to be eight. I remember one time in 5th grade I borrowed one of my sisters long sleeve black unitards, the kind that uncomforably snap at the crotch - and I wore it under these skin tight hip huggers and these pointy shiny shoes I mustered up somehow and was hiding out in my sisters room with her so we could race out to the school bus before my dad saw me dressed this way. I wanted to be an english rocker in the 5th grade. Well I got to the bus before I was almost tackled by my dad. So as I grab the handle as someone is grabbin' me I am whisked away. Needless to say I didnt go to school like an english rocker - that day. I saw some PBS program with the Stones and the who and jethro tull and it reminded me. So here we go easing into the weekend with it pissing snow outside. Literally pissing snow. Its like a windy urination of something snow like raining down. Hard to figure.

"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things"

7 comments:

robert d said...

Once upon a time there was a young girl. Was she really young? Once upon a time there was a girl. Did she have a name. Once upon a time there was a girl named Elizabeth. Was that her only moniker? Once upon a time there was a girl named Elizabeth Snoozer.

More about Elizabeth Snoozer when I am ready,

d

Angel said...

"...these are a few of my favorite things..."

I so need to see a picture of you in a body suit.

And I bought some gorgonzola today, now what do I do with it?

buffalodick said...

I'm looking at blue skies and the East coast is still getting it? Hope that Irish Pub you're heading for is warm, full of food,drink and good company!

Christo Gonzales said...

beth: eat it...lol just kidding. boil sosme linguine and melt some into the hot pasta to taste.

Michelle Ann said...

I am still trying to picture you in a unitard..... WOW!

MommaMonkey said...

I totally live for sleeping in. It's one of my favorite past-times.

Harmony said...

"So here we go easing into the weekend with it pissing snow outside. Literally pissing snow. Its like a windy urination of something snow like raining down." ~ Wow...I don't know if I am just noticing how descriptive you are, or if you only give us teasers every now and then.

I was just telling a friend how ready I am for summer...not for the warm summer days, but for Austin to be out of school...that school routine is old and bothersome, I am ready to spice things up...take off on a road trip!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin