Pages

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Punk'd

I just got punked by blogger. I am a first draft kind of guy so to type all of my most profound thoughts and then have them disappear is not my thing.

Any way these are a few of my favorite things. Things that I use often and then not at all but things I like to have around. Besides my knives, and I have several, these are my little helpers. One day I will post on my knives, some people may have more some may have better but mine are mine and sharp as hell. I even have a ghurka that i am trying to find a kitchen application for. My ghurka has a nice leather sheath and two cute little cheese knives that I guess you use to stab with if the beheading doesnt work out.


Coconut milk, both dried and liquid. The dry is nice to sprinkle on things to give them some exotic umpf. Braggs when soy and salt just isnt the right flavor.
Flax seed oil to give glisten and smoothness to shakes or dairy based soups. Acidopholus when I over indulge and I "lose" all my enzymes.
Molina vanilla because it is good and not too pricey and I can use it in everything from coffee to cologne. New Mexican saffron, also cheap but nice enough to use gobs of, and my coup de gras (sp)
Truffle Oil, I use it on pizza, eggs, mashed potatoes -anything that I want to give a special flavor blast to.
So thats about it...if I think of more-and there are- I will post.

7 comments:

buffalodick said...

Saffron I use more for color than flavor. Once, a friend traveling the Middle East brought back a BIG bag of this stuff and gave it to me. I in turn gave it to a friend who earns a living as a chef-happy guy! Good vanilla- hard to score here. Someday get a bottle of Champagne vinegar- amazing stuff!

Angel said...

I have flax seed oil too! But I've always wondered about truffle oil....what's it taste like?

MommaMonkey said...

You can tell I hate to cook, and suck at it even more. I don't have one of those items in my house. I don't think I ever have. But now I know your secrets....mwaaa, mwaaahhh, mwahhh-hahahaha!!!!

Anonymous said...

You can always do an in-home Iron Chef (with your bad self) and wield the ghurka around like nobody's business.

Eve said...

Hmm, you could practice your aerial slicing with the ghurka...

Hmm, I'm going to try some flax seed oil in my sorbet...

buffalodick said...

Imagine a guy who sells tool steels and stainless steels for a living, and cooks for a hobby- my knives are my babies too!

Christo Gonzales said...

I have a couple custom made knives and a steel blank that I am slowly polishing to perfection, the blank is just a cut out from a steel plate in a knife shape...very rough.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin