Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Not For Everyone

Gorgonzola dolce is a cheese you have to love. Gorgonzola Naturale, well it loves you. It really isnt someting that you can learn to love you either do or you dont. It has a strong, pungent sweetness that is sometimes so seductive it leaves you feeling unfaithful after eating it. Many years ago one of my friends was trying to like it when he said "how will I explain this smell to my wife" and we laugh about that even now. I like it in pasta, dolloped over a steak, lamb or pork chop, spread on a cracker and even scooped up with a spoon, but my all time favorite is in a crepe drizzled with honey.

I eat like six of these and get such a euphoric feeling that makes me want to...well you know what.
I made a bread pudding out of this giant scone from Trader Joes. I had my little guy tear it into pieces and then I soaked it with egg custard liquid, you know eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and a dash of salt, I even scattered a few extra raisins on top. Then it was popped in the oven until set. It is so good, like a dense french toast and we eat it with whipped cream.

And on an even lighter note here is the guy having soy milk and waffles all grumpy before school the other day.

9 comments:

buffalodick said...

Any of the veined cheeses are fantastic in my book! The bread pudding looked innovative and damn good!

Freebird said...

Bread pudding ...mmmmm. If that cheese smells like I think it does I'm gonna pass on the cheese.

Tanya Kristine said...

i was always grumpy before school too.

now it's work.

Christo Gonzales said...

Free: depends on what you think it smells like...LOL
TK: grumpy ...yes me too
BD: stilton, gorgonzola, I could make this list go on and on

Angel said...

I love Grumpy's little face....it says it all doesn't it? ;)

I have never tried gorgonzola but I think I might get some next time I go shopping.....

pinknest said...

i was just going to make a gorgonzola sauce! yummy. and how fun to make bread pudding out of a giant scone. how was it??

Peter Matthes said...

I like Gorgonzola on a water cracker (Carrs) with a small amount of honey on the top. It really brings out the taste of the cheese.

Michelle Ann said...

I love Gorgonzola...especially with apples and bubbly. YUM!

Harmony said...

"It has a strong, pungent sweetness that is sometimes so seductive it leaves you feeling unfaithful after eating it." ~ I am totally loving this description!!! Sounds pretty good...to say the least!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin