Pages

Sunday, July 05, 2009

the potato has been honored


The potato gets its moment and what a moment it is. As the entries came in I had a new favorite each and every time. They are posted here in no particular order since it is not possible for me to post them all side by side and then even that would suggest a pecking order. No, they are here in the order that I received them - about as random as you can get and about as organized a Libra as I can be. Take a moment gaze at their splendiferousness and choose your favorite - then I will tell you mine! Oh no, there is no random number generator going on here, I am going to pick.



Angie at 'Angies Recipes' made a nice potato salad.

[bacalhau+final.jpg]

Ruth at 'I Love Flavour, Me' made some 'punched up' potatoes.

[grilled+potato+salad+plate.jpg]

Kim, 'The Ungourmet' has made a grilled potato salad.

[MoroccanSesameRoastedPotatoes.JPG]

Parita at 'Paritas World' made morrocan sesame roasted potatoes.

[alooparantha.jpg]

Jaya at 'Jayaspace' made aloo (potato) parantha.

[DSCF2087.JPG]

Sweta over at 'Bonne Nutrition' made masala dosa with a potato filling.



Pooja from 'My Experience With Cooking' made Ishtu (or eshtu) a traditonal potato stew of Kerala.



Lubna Karim from 'Kitchen Flavors' made potato chips - called Potato Chips - My Style.

Potato Fajita 3

Fearless at 'Fearless Kitchen' made Potato Fajitas



Zoe at 'Zoe' made Super Loaded Baked Potato.

[saltvinegarchips-2.jpg]

Jenn over at 'Bread + Butter' made Salt and Vinegar Chips.



Leela from 'shesimmers' made Baked Purple Potato and Sour Cream Creamsicles.



teresa has 'A Blog About Food' and she made Creole-Style Potato Wraps.



Cucinista over there at 'Working Lunch' has made a Potato and thyme gnocchi with garlic mushrooms.



reeni from Cinnnamon Spice & Everything Nice kicked in and submitted some loaded baked potato pancake.



Buffalo from 'Opinions & Rectums, We All Got One' made potatoes au gratin.



Biggest Diabetic Loser made Red White and Blue Potato Salad.



Jyoti from 'Food Seasons' made Pan Sautéed Potatoes With Chives.

Girlichef at Girlichef made Good Morning Pizza.



Chaya from Chaya's Comfy Cook Blog made Potato-Topped Baked Ratatouille.


Before I tell you about my choice-and I want to tell you that the answer kept on changing- I want to thank Zoe for accepting the torch and running off to host next weeks BSI - thanks Zoe.

It was certainly enjoyable seeing all the great creations that everyone put out and, without a doubt, it was a chore putting them all together, but hands down there is only one clear choice - a choice that thought entirely outside of the box, a choice that was not that hard to make and that choice my dear and fellow blog friends is Leela 'at she simmers'. You cannot deny that these popsicles are the coolest - no pun intended.(or maybe half a pun) Thanks for a great week of great potato dishes. This little household will be in Alaska next week - so it might be tough for me to participate in the next BSI - or will it? hmmmmmmmm

48 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Well done! Christo
Have a relaxing off-the-blog holiday!
I am offfffffffffff soon!!

Jenn said...

Awesome collection of potato recipes. I'm amazed at what can be done with the varieties of spuds. =)

Parita said...

Congratulations to Leela, grt roundup!

Anonymous said...

Wow- what a fabulous group! Those potatoes au gratin look yummy and aloo parantha, ummmm! I agree with your choice, for creativity and uniqueness for sure and they sure are pretty. Funny, I'm not generally a potato girl. Great job there DB.

Anonymous said...

Oh, have a great time in Alaska!

Donna-FFW said...

What an absolutely awesome roundup.. must have been difficult to choose a winner. Nicely done! Have a great vacation!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Those popsicles are cool = but I would have been hard-pressed not to choose those crunchy chips. great line-up.

lubnakarim06 said...

Have a safe and happy trip......I enjoued participating here....so many new and drool worthy recipe.....that creamsicles are really innovative and drool worthy.....Congrats to the winner.....

Angel said...

I will take a super loaded baked with a side of pizza please....damn these all look so good! I don't think you can go wrong with the humble spud....

have fun in Alaska!

Admin said...

Thanks, Christo. I am humbled. And thanks to everybody who participated. This was fun!

buffalodick said...

You showed the versatility of the spud very well, by the many different approaches everyone took...

♥peachkins♥ said...

Wow! what a line up!

Reeni said...

What a delicious round-up!! Congrats to Leela!

CreativeMish said...

It would be hard to choose. Those purple Popsicle's are very creative!!! That breakfast pizza looks pretty good, too!

Anonymous said...

Excellent roundup and congrats to Leela! So sorry I wasn't able to participate - as I am wrapping up before my vacation, my cooking inspiration is a bit down and the potato recipe I was working on did not come out as I wanted it :( Have a great time in Alaska!

Dana Fallentine said...

I'm all about Idaho potatoes! Cheap, and delicious depending on how you dress them! Love the post!

Everyday Cookin' said...

Okay - so now I really need to go and cook potatoes!

teresa said...

This was a lot of fun, great collection of spud recipes. Have fun in Alaska!

deb said...

that pop is very unique. But most likely to try the Moroccan with seasame potatoes. I should have sent my potato pancake sliders. fun post.

Gina said...

Hey you're not going to Alaska to be Sarah Palin's next cook are you? Sounds like you'll be in for a bit of traveling...lol

Anonymous said...

WOw that is an amazing array of potato recipe! you must had the toughest time choosing! CONGRATS, leela!

tavolini said...

Fantastic bit of potatoes, over there :) These look great!

Have a safe trip!

Chef Fresco said...

Haha cute! Great way to compile a bunch of delicious potato recipes!

snowelf said...

My daughter's favorite food is potatoes. I think she's more German than she is Italian!! ;) I'm going to let her have a look and see if she'd like me to try and make some of these. You know it'll be blogworthy if we do! :D

--snow

snugs said...

please don't get thrown overboard!

Heather S-G said...

Yum...everything looks amazing! But yeah...those popsicles are super-"cool"!!

The Duo Dishes said...

Too many tasties. Too many indeed.

Jenn@slim-shoppin said...

I like the good morning pizza and the purple potato creamcicle!!

All the recipes look fantastic!!

Pooja said...

Wow awesome roundup :) Congrats to Leela! That was unique! And wishing you a happy & safe trip :)

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

A fitting tribute to the potato, Cristo - and yes, you made the right choice. Those popsicles are inspired!

Cynthia said...

This post represents everything that I love about potatoes - they are absolutely versatile!

Stacey Snacks said...

I made a potato salad too.......
I ate way too much of it!

Unseen India Tours said...

Wow so mouthwatering dishes !! I wish to have some of them...Do check my another blog also i.e.Unseen Rajasthan

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm totally craving potatos now...

Juliana said...

Wow, such a nice collection of potato recipes...

Daily Spud said...

Oops - I leave the country for a week and I come back to discover that I've missed a BSI using those veggies that are so close to my heart. Ah well. At least I can enjoy browsing through all of the tasty submissions!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Yay! The potato popsicles are fantastic. Those really caught my eye(s). I've got to make me some of those. We are a meat and potatoes kind of family. So potatoes are more often on the menu than not. Great ideas for incorporating into weekly meals. Nothing boring here. Great job DB.

theUngourmet said...

These were all awesome entries! I do love those popsicles!

Congrats to Leela! Nice job!

La Bella Cooks said...

I have no idea how you can choose! I am practically drooling on my keyboard! Yum...

foodcreate said...

I just Love Potatos! and your recipes look sooooo Tasty ~

Thanks for sharing your varieties~


Have A Wonderful Thrusday~

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I am so sorry I missed this BSI. I have a sack of potato recipes up my sleeve!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Leela-that's an AWESOME creation!! Congratulations on winning.Now I can definitely say I like potatoes in 3 dishes:chips,masala dosa and potato creamsicles!!!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Wow, you have fans all over the world! How cool is that?

I'm fascinated by the potato popsicles and, Irish lass that I am (by heritage, anyway), I'm drooling over all of the pictures.

Nice work!

snugs said...

I miss you doggy. I bet you are going thru major web withdrawls..

pinknest said...

ooh! you have featured my favorite friends! a wonderful mix of potato. i will take them all, thank you very much. but am very partial to the dosa. :)

ARUNA said...

wow everything looks so appealing to eyes........just awesome!!!

Marta said...

I think I like the superloaded baked potato the best... as well as the Moroccan steamed potatoes!
Great roundup!

Just telling it like it is said...

I'll never look at potatoes the same again;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin