Pages

Friday, May 18, 2007

Class Camp-out

The kids third grade class had a sleep over field trip in Wading River Long Island. So after climbing down a hundred steps we learned about the beach or in this case the Long Island Sound, and we learned there are no sharks.





Then our group threw spears and touched snakes. We slept in cold cabins and came home.





I did not photograph everything because for some reason me an one of the camp directors became instant nemesis's, so much that during the racket that was a drumming circle he managed to hear just me and asked if I could stop because I wasnt doing it right - to which I replied no. He got upset and left the room. I got upset and left the room later only to be asked by the drum leader to sit in the middle and play some more-right next to my buddy the nemesis.





Fun had by all.


So we came home and I made Oso Buco with Jasmine rice.

7 comments:

Angel said...

mmmm oso buco...yum. But once again, never had jasmine rice. I've seen itin stores and Oreneta talked about it, but I've never tried it.

I think you should have drummed on that jerk's head....The Pup looks like he had a good time tho, touching that snake. yuk! That's pretty good...your field trip was to the BEACH!! ;)

Mel said...

I could hear you drumming all the way here :)

I am sooooo jealous of the beach but the cabin not so much.

buffalodick said...

Always good to get away and meet new people that annoy you! What were you drumming-"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"?

Christo Gonzales said...

All: yeah he's the guy in the hat in the spear throwing picture, he came up and whispered in my ear to stop drumming..isnt that just hilarious? From the moment we got there he had to rebuke or belittle anything I said....poor guy.

pinknest said...

oooh the beach looks so wonderful! but i really love that osso buco dish! with the round jasmine rice. mmmm!!!

Christo Gonzales said...

Pinknest: as usual I had to dollop butter on my rice, dont know why I have justt been doing that since I was a kid, I love buttery rice. The meat was so tender and the marrow was especially creamy.

FHB said...

The spear chuckin' looks like a lot of fun. That thing they're using to throw them is called an atlatl. Technology from about 100,000 yrs ago. The drumming sounds really annoying. Some sort of attempt to give the kids and "ethnic" experience? I would have stood up, whipped out a big hunting knife, and said somethin' like "Ok, kiddies, now were gonna learn how to scalp somebody!" Mr, BDU pants would have shit himself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin