Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

rellenos on my mind


S
omeone needs to write a love song about chile some kind of John Denver/Ricky Martin kind of jive - you know easy lyrics with a great dance beat because chile deserves it.



I made a sauce with a few chiles that I got from Marx Foods along with some chiles that I get from my family in New Mexico. It is a mix of Big Jim, Chimayo Red, organic Chipotle and Mulato in the blender with some water, Mexican oregano and garlic. This gets blended until feathery smooth and then warmed gently in a sauce pan on low heat to maintain the bright red color.



The roasted poblano peppers are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, basmati rice, cheddar, mozzarella, asiago, fontina and romano cheeses and then basicly breaded with flour, egg and panko bread crumbs before frying in hot corn oil.



I make some kind relleno often and everytime they are different and everytime they are too delicious for words and everytime I want to eat everyone and everytime I only eat one, they are that good.

25 comments:

Melody said...

Have mercy!

Jenn said...

It's been way too long since I've had some chile rellenos. You're looks soo good right about now. Stuffed with goodness. Yum!!!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Lordy, lordy, you make a mean chile relleno. Five kinds of cheese, no less!

Tangled Noodle said...

5 peppers and 5 cheeses make a whole lotta delicious flavor! I'd be perfectly content with just one.

Lauren said...

damn those look good! I would kill for some melty cheese right now.

Marjie said...

I don't even know what a chile relleno is, but I'm fine with 5 kinds of cheese. And your pictures are always pretty. I like your blue wall.

The Diva on a Diet said...

Dude, you're killing me ... if I don't get some rellenos I might actually die. Seriously. Want. This. Now!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Mmmmmm I need one of these! Can you send one (or two) to New York :)

Unknown said...

John Denver and Ricky Martin? That's like.... canned salsa meets angus steak...John is folk country and ricky is just annoying lol. Any way ....I have made this before..not with all your jazzy stuff but from what my husband says he loves it...I don't do the hot thing :( gives me heartburn..I guess I am dull blah...(goes off to do more boring things)

Angie's Recipes said...

Never had relleno before...but I could easily tell from the picture and what you have described how flavourful this dish can be!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

You are making me hungry for these rellenos and it's only breakfast time here. Oh well, why not....who says breakfast has to be bacon & eggs or cereal?
Sam

Cucinista said...

Those look so good I would sing a song about them (but nobody wants to hear me sing so I will eat them instead).

Jill said...

Orgasmic!

buffalodick said...

I still haven't had one in ages, and I love them!

Barbara said...

Oh my! This recipe is a killer. All those cheeses? LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love all the cheeses here!

Donna-FFW said...

Ive never made them, I haven't had them, I aim to try soon. Its been in my mind for a while. Looks unbelievably delicious!

theUngourmet said...

Yum! I haven't had one of these in an insanely long time and it looks so insanely good it makes me want one right this minute!! Is that just insane?!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Oh wow-that looks HOT!!! I've heard about chimayo-but haven't seen it anywhere around here.

Tanya Kristine said...

fuck that looks good.

Reeni said...

Too delicious for words is right! That looks freakin' fantastic!

Thanks for the really sweet comment! Comments like that are my motivation!

nora@ffr said...

more cheeese plsss!! hehe

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

These always look so good... great job

Fresh Local and Best said...

This looks very good!

Heather S-G said...

aye dios mio!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin