Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

cruising in reverse


The closer I get to 1000 posts the further it seems, or is that more like the less I want to seem to get there? I am about 45 or so posts from that little milestone and at the rate I have been posting lately it looks like we wont get there till March. Without a doubt there have been some tasty dishes but no mojo to take pictures and even less mojo to write about it. I can re-cap whats happened but without the photos to back it up its only words. Words are great in fact a lot of people thrive on words but I subscribe to the notion that a picture says a thousand words. I could get out my calligraphy pen and bo jangle my way all over this page, telling you about my grandmother and the neighbors and the rash I had but its all words, I am more of a poet and I like to use less words to say more.



My grandmother never made fried risotto, in fact I dont think she even knew what risotto was and as a result of that my parents didnt know either, lucky thing I came along. Panko crusted fried risotto (arancini de riso) with wild mushrooms (shaggy manes) butterhead lettuce, remoulade, red pepper, and lime.

20 comments:

Just telling it like it is said...

mmmmmm Looks yummy!!!

KennyT said...

I agree, you are a poet!

Fried risotto, pls send me your secret recipe, I promise I won't let anyone else know. LOL

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I can hardly imagine that many posts - nearing 1,000 is amazing. Although I agree with you on photos say so much, words are crucial too. Without your words, I would have thought those were crabcakes, not risotto cakes.

Christo Gonzales said...

just telling: and yummy is right!

Kenny: you can have any recipe you want -

linda: I agree - In fact I like a well written story that accompanies a post - I am just not the one that can do that...I made these more cake like since that shape fries the best.

Reeni said...

How incredibly delicious!! The only thing better than risotto is fried risotto!

45 more posts by the end of the year - that's an average of about 4 posts a week. I have every confidence in you - especially with the holidays coming - and lots of yummy eats!

Jenn said...

I have yet to make a decent risotto. You'll get to 1000. I'm sure of it.

Anonymous said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I've been thinking about making risotto cakes because I've got a recipe. Now you've egged me on to make it this weekend.

Marjie said...

Welcome back. Fried risotto sounds like a good variation.

Anonymous said...

Fried risotto is an excellent idea, sounds super delicious!

theUngourmet said...

Now THIS is my kind of risotto. I bet that crunch is just awesome!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I've never made fried risotto either. Looks like poetry on the plate!

buffalodick said...

That picture is worth a thousand words- but you know me.. why not use a hundred words, when only ten are needed?

vanillasugarblog said...

love fried risotto with pancetta in it. I know weird, but it's good. so many things you can add to it though you know?

tavolini said...

I think I like fried risotto better than a rash...but would love to hear some stories about Grandma. You'll make 1000 before the end of the year, I bet.

Anonymous said...

For a moment there I thought it was crab-cakes which I LOVE ! But fried Risotto cakes with Mushrooms ? Oh my...you've totally out done your self : ) ...looks SCRUMPTIOUS !

Tanya Kristine said...

i made risotto once. that was enough.

Heather S-G said...

Oh, Nice. I can just imagine biting into the crispy outside and that creamy inside! We make small ones at work with a little piece of gouda inside...so delish!

Jamie said...

Oh no, I scrolled down one post too far. I. Want. These. Now.

Diana H said...

1000 posts, that's so cool. I'm only half way there. I find my time posting is sporadic at times based on my son's activity schedule. I keep telling myself things will even out more next year when he's not in high school anymore. Good Luck, and keep on plugging away, you're doing a wonderful job.

angela@spinachtiger said...

1000 posts. That's amazing! I felt so accomplished at 100. Some blogs get me with the recipe, some with the story, some with the photo. Sometimes just the humor...it's all good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin