Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

cruising in reverse


The closer I get to 1000 posts the further it seems, or is that more like the less I want to seem to get there? I am about 45 or so posts from that little milestone and at the rate I have been posting lately it looks like we wont get there till March. Without a doubt there have been some tasty dishes but no mojo to take pictures and even less mojo to write about it. I can re-cap whats happened but without the photos to back it up its only words. Words are great in fact a lot of people thrive on words but I subscribe to the notion that a picture says a thousand words. I could get out my calligraphy pen and bo jangle my way all over this page, telling you about my grandmother and the neighbors and the rash I had but its all words, I am more of a poet and I like to use less words to say more.



My grandmother never made fried risotto, in fact I dont think she even knew what risotto was and as a result of that my parents didnt know either, lucky thing I came along. Panko crusted fried risotto (arancini de riso) with wild mushrooms (shaggy manes) butterhead lettuce, remoulade, red pepper, and lime.

20 comments:

Just telling it like it is said...

mmmmmm Looks yummy!!!

KennyT said...

I agree, you are a poet!

Fried risotto, pls send me your secret recipe, I promise I won't let anyone else know. LOL

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I can hardly imagine that many posts - nearing 1,000 is amazing. Although I agree with you on photos say so much, words are crucial too. Without your words, I would have thought those were crabcakes, not risotto cakes.

doggybloggy said...

just telling: and yummy is right!

Kenny: you can have any recipe you want -

linda: I agree - In fact I like a well written story that accompanies a post - I am just not the one that can do that...I made these more cake like since that shape fries the best.

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

How incredibly delicious!! The only thing better than risotto is fried risotto!

45 more posts by the end of the year - that's an average of about 4 posts a week. I have every confidence in you - especially with the holidays coming - and lots of yummy eats!

Jenn said...

I have yet to make a decent risotto. You'll get to 1000. I'm sure of it.

Hummingbird Appetite said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I've been thinking about making risotto cakes because I've got a recipe. Now you've egged me on to make it this weekend.

Marjie said...

Welcome back. Fried risotto sounds like a good variation.

5 Star Foodie said...

Fried risotto is an excellent idea, sounds super delicious!

the ungourmet said...

Now THIS is my kind of risotto. I bet that crunch is just awesome!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I've never made fried risotto either. Looks like poetry on the plate!

buffalodick said...

That picture is worth a thousand words- but you know me.. why not use a hundred words, when only ten are needed?

Dawn said...

love fried risotto with pancetta in it. I know weird, but it's good. so many things you can add to it though you know?

TavoLini said...

I think I like fried risotto better than a rash...but would love to hear some stories about Grandma. You'll make 1000 before the end of the year, I bet.

Nat said...

For a moment there I thought it was crab-cakes which I LOVE ! But fried Risotto cakes with Mushrooms ? Oh my...you've totally out done your self : ) ...looks SCRUMPTIOUS !

Tanya Kristine said...

i made risotto once. that was enough.

girlichef said...

Oh, Nice. I can just imagine biting into the crispy outside and that creamy inside! We make small ones at work with a little piece of gouda inside...so delish!

Jamie said...

Oh no, I scrolled down one post too far. I. Want. These. Now.

Diana H said...

1000 posts, that's so cool. I'm only half way there. I find my time posting is sporadic at times based on my son's activity schedule. I keep telling myself things will even out more next year when he's not in high school anymore. Good Luck, and keep on plugging away, you're doing a wonderful job.

angela@spinachtiger said...

1000 posts. That's amazing! I felt so accomplished at 100. Some blogs get me with the recipe, some with the story, some with the photo. Sometimes just the humor...it's all good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin