Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

sunflower



See the bee?




Its here again, all the way back to September 2006 I have posted a sunflower, I grew them before but never posted and since my blog was started in 2005 well thats why. Here is last years. Speaking of memory lane its time for some ginger beer!

On the 365 posts thing - I am so close to the 165 mark. Trust me I will do 365 - even it pains me. ( I could completly do post after irelavant post spelling and all posting several times a day but whats the point?) - 1 a day is hard enough. (average, I know, I do 'catch up')[like now but this is 'padding' for when I might be 'out'.]

12 comments:

Kitt said...

How cheerful!

C. said...

WOW, yours bloomed early! I have a dozen or so growing. Do you keep the seeds after? Sunflowers and lilies are my favorite flowers. One for the color the other for the scent.

Dana said...

Sunflowers always make me smile. Something tells me ginger beer would too!

Christo Gonzales said...

Kitt: it does light up the city doldrums

Claudia: this bloomed later than usual actually...I do save the seeds and plant them again - I havent bought seeds since the very first time.

dana: with patience this ginger beer ferments into quite a potent nectar that refreshes and then sneaks up and gooses you...seriously!

Mel said...

love the sunflower!

Christo Gonzales said...

Mel: ? where have you been...???

Anndi said...

Sunflowers are one of my alltime favourite flowers.

Ginger beer rocks!

Christo Gonzales said...

Anndi: My buddy...I wish I could make sunflower beer...wait who am I kidding...anything with beer.

CreativeMish said...

Great sunflower! Love the bee's we need more of them to make honey and pollenate the earth

Emily said...

The ginger beer here is kind of crazy. It makes me sneeze and my throat burn. I wonder if there is better out there?

deb said...

I love the sunflower but that bee reminds me of my recent boo boo.

urban vegan said...

Sunflowers are my fave...I just saw a huge field of them in the 'burbs this weekend and it was the most beautiful sight--almost as beautiful as the contrast of those happy yellow petals against the cityscape.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin