Pages

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Goin' Green



Some semolina flour, some eggs and some spinach and this is what you get. Around here, like I have said before, this is kid bait. My guy will gobble this up faster than I can make it. I have some new gadgets for my stand mixer and I was anxious to try them out. As luck would have it Banana, who basically lives at these two thrift stores on west 17th, found the roller and two pasta cutters in their original box -retail value $149-$169 on sale for (if you are sitting you might want to stand) 12 bucks...yup Kitchenaid pasta roller and cutter set for $12 US. I had to crack 'em out and take 'em for a test run.



The spaghetti cutter is the one you see here.



A little Gorgonzola, a little Romano, a little Olive oil...



and its all Love.

18 comments:

Mandi said...

Love Love Love - pasta has to be my favorite!!!!!!!!! That looks great!!! - Guess what Im having for dinner tonight??????

Dana said...

Mmmmm ... pasta! And green pasta at that!

CreativeMish said...

OMG! $12 talk about a score!!! I am so jealous!
This pasta looks fabulous! love the spinach in it!

Kitt said...

What a deal! What a treat!

buffalodick said...

I'll give you $20 bucks for the attachments, and pay the freight! No? I didn't think you would go for that...

Joy said...

Wow! Such a deal! The pasta looks delicious!

Angel said...

I thought you loved me Dog??!!! This is just C.R.U.E.L. and you KNOW it....pasta with olive oil and gogonzola???? Ya....mean Dog...just mean.

C. said...

Spinach pasta rules. RULES. So does sundried tomato pasta....That looks SO good. Will you come be my personal chef.....

deb said...

i love thrift shops just for this reason.

spinach and gorgonzola a perfect match. ;)

Christo Gonzales said...

mandi: whats not to love?

dana: I wanted to make carrot pasta but we had no carrots

michelle: total score and it has a lot to do with the frequency of her visits

kitt: double the fun

buff: ...and I'd like to buy some swamp land...

joy: it felt like stealing

beth: torture comes in many flavors

claudia: can you 'afford' it?

deb: I really had my mind set on a creamy alfredo sauce over carrot pasta but this was and is always a good fall back.

Real Live Lesbian said...

That looks DIVINE! And what a steal!

C. said...

Christo,
I may not have cash, but I am pretty sure I have adequate barter material. Heh.

Christo Gonzales said...

RLL: totally and totally

C: thats what I'm talkin' about! Heh?

tavolini said...

oh wow...I'm jealous over here! Looks excellent.

A Girl From Texas said...

That looks fabulous!

test it comm said...

That spinach pasta looks good!

Emily said...

Oh man, that looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love this! The color is just awesome.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin