Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Simple Simon

Rotini, linguini, spaghetti its your choice when you toss it with a little olive oil and some arugula then gobs of grated parmigiano reggiano. The nuttiness of the arugula makes this simple lunch have that little bit of extra "umami". You seriously get a full and satisfying flavor from three ingredients -

four if you count the pasta-arugula, olive oil cheese. Try it with basil or water cress but to me only the arugula hits the mark spot on. I also had a little snack of sliced pear and brie

with some toasted buttered slices of scone and some Yogi Tea.



10 comments:

MommaMonkey said...

arugula? Is that green stuff? It being green is probably why if never bought it, or even heard of it. What's it taste like?

Christo Gonzales said...

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/arugula.htm

Anonymous said...

I love pasta anything...and that is funny, I have yogi tea, as well!

Queue_t said...

I just bought yogi tea too, my favorite flavor is chai and this yogi one is very good.

try the pasta blt next time, the arugula, little grape tomatos and bacon- quite a nice combo and the kids even likes it.

pinknest said...

simple and delicious!

what is that weird slicer thing!?

buffalodick said...

I "Gourmet Cooking For Dummies" I love the cartoon where the guy says to his wife "Arugula-some of the best beaches are there!"

Christo Gonzales said...

pink: its an apple corer
que: I will try that
buffalo: thats funny

Angel said...

you forgot the garlic!! Gotta have lots of garlic with that...yum, yum.

Christo Gonzales said...

beth: I didnt want the garlic to overpower the arugula.

Magpie said...

I'd add garlic and lemon juice - yum yum!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin