Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

deduce to seduce


Certainly these are not the most expensive Bordeaux you could possibly find but who can argue with a Grand Cru St. Emilion? I posted a little piece on Valentines and thought I would follow up with a little bit more - some of what I may be up to.



A little wine tasting of a 2003, a 2004, a 2005 and a 2006 - all from a different Chateaux so this wine tasting isnt so much to enhance my education as much as it is to see if there are any subtle differences in the vintage. (read- drink four wines) Will I taste more sunshine, more rain - will the mood come through? Will I be seduced or be the seducer?




There will be Burrata. This cheese is so deliciously delicious the only way to know how it tastes is to taste it - I could describe it but I would not even come close.



Cant taste cheese with out a Crottin. Then there is also a Morbier - when I run out of favorites Morbier is always ready to step up. Another Pont l' Eveque (I bought three and ate two- this is the survivor) and a Gorgonzola dolce - when I have to pick one favorite with a gun to my head then it would have to be Gorgonzola dolce (all this will be documented when this is actually consumed)



There will also be chocolates and truffle butter, truffle oil and truffle honey (you can easily seduce with anything truffle and you will not be let down). While I am not the typical "valentines" kind of guy I simply cannot resist an opportunity to indulge in the flavors of the day! What will you be up to?

22 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh my how I love burrata. And the wine. And all the combination therein. Planning my feast and planning on some grand nibbles but not stuffed with ooey gooey - some fine cheese and wine and flavor for all!

The Diva on a Diet said...

I don't know what I'll be up too - but I know I'd rather it be like this yummy feast. You had me at the cheese portion ... the rest is merely the cherry on the cake.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

Angie's Recipes said...

I love love the Grand Cru St. Emilion!! And with Gorgonzola would make 2.14 a real V-day!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Lucky you... I actually much prefer these narrow tastings

and the cheese... really really good for you

The Blonde Duck said...

You will definately be having cheese with your whine. :)

Jenn said...

I love wine tastings. It's a cause for a good time. Wine, cheese, bread/crackers. Yum!

citronetvanille said...

Ahaha, looks like the perfect Valentine to me. I know that 2005 is the best year for Bordeaux, but that's all I know :o) and of course red wine and cheese, are the two inseparable. Joyeuse St Valentin!

vanillasugarblog said...

I hope to be having sushi and cupcakes.
I LOVE burrata; I haven't made anything with that in ages you know.

Lea Ann said...

You won't hear me arguing with a Grand Cru St. Emilion. No sir! I've only had Burrato Cheese once and that was at a food festival in Oregon. It was unbelievable and I can't fine any here in Denver. ::::::POUT

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are planning a very special dining experience - can't wait to see the feast! Don't know what we're doing yet, always a last minute decision :)

Angel said...

abso-freaking-lutely nothing. I hate V-day...its stupid. hate it hate it hate it. and no, its not cuz the hubs doesn't do anything for me...he always gets me mushy card and candy. BORING. be original!!!! I am SO not a mushy card type of girl....sheesh. but all that stuff looks yummy...so does your chiabatta.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Wow look at all that deliciousness! I'm going to be dinner for my other half. I hate going on V-Day. It's always so busy.

Donna-FFW said...

Love your choice of Vday food.. romantic , you.

We will be doing the edible panty thing. Still can't figure out how to make a sauce out of them.

Stacey Snacks said...

Where can I sign up for this wine tasting?
I had an Chateau Haut Brion last night, and it was like the best wine I have ever tasted.....perfect with a nice Comte (or Burrata!).
Happy Valentine's day!
xxoo

Vickie said...

This sounds like the perfect Valentine food orgy - I would LOVE a taste of any and all. Happy Valentine's day!

Joanne said...

I'm pretty sure that I would take cheese over roses on V-Day, hands down. Love gorgonzola dolce. Never had burrata. Need to change that.

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Is there any room for me at that burrata and gorgonzola and wine feast?

buffalodick said...

Looks like a great idea! We are having sweet pepper/corn/crab bisque, with fish fillets to be determined, topped in a tropical fruity salsa(using POM!) She's already got the locally made chocolates(Sweetlands)and we had stuffed pork chops last night!

urban vegan said...

"who can argue with a Grand Cru St. Emilion?"

Pas moi!

Your ciabatta bread looks great, too. I may try making some to use for pannini.

chow and chatter said...

happy valentines, wow you know your cheese have you been on Laura's blog from Paris u would enjoy it, on my blogroll, she takes folks on cheese tours

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a wonderful wine tasting. I would have loved to have been there.
Sam

Sippity Sup said...

That's a nic eselection of cheese and I agree with you about burata. There's noi adwquate words... GREG

Blog Widget by LinkWithin