Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Electrolux #splits : mini banana bites, you can eat them all or you can split


Kelly Ripa is at it again raising money for ovarian cancer and I want to help. I have first hand experience with this and suffice to say my friend got the treatment she needed and she is happy and healthy, lets make that the case for more and lets find ways to cure it completely so in the long run there is no need for treatment.

Yes its summer and here in New York city its sweltering so why not make banana splits? I took some tiny scoops and coated them in a Scharffen Berger chocolate shell, I placed them on top of nice slices of banana that had a squeeze of lime and then I squirted some raspberry sauce around them to bathe in, the whole thing got a little whipped cream and a cherry. Perfect little banana split bites to eat by yourself or share.


I even made another mini split from an apple banana, just in case you want to eat the "whole" thing. How do you like your banana split?

19 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Christo, that's a creative way to serve banana split. I like it mini.

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

That is gorgeous! I'm sure you'll be featured - good luck!!

Marjie said...

Beautiful! I'll bring my peach ice cream to have with your banana splits.

Vickie said...

Thanks for the cancer "shout out" and WOW look at those banana splits! I haven't had one in years, but may change that with these sensible sized portions. I think organic vanilla ice cream with a spoon of strawberry jam on top, or fresh raspberry syrup, with some Texas pecans sprinkled over. Now there's a dessert I can wrap my lips around!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

The classiest little splits I've ever seen!

vanillasugarblog said...

holy shit dog. love love love these.

mr. pineapple man said...

this looks delicious!

The Duo Dishes said...

Good luck for a good cause!

FOODalogue said...

I hope you submitted this to FoodBuzz's call for banana splits.

I love what you did here because normally when I hear banana split, I tune out and turn off because I just don't like that kind of large eating but this is very manageable. :)

♥peachkins♥ said...

a single serve banana split! how clever!




The Peach Kitchen
peach and things
blowing peachkisses

Magic of Spice said...

What an amazing way to present a banana split, just lovely!

Sheri said...

did you say 'share'??? you gotta be kidding! no way would i let anyone stick their spoon into what looks to be a little piece of heaven :)

chow and chatter said...

wow these look super tasty

Lea Ann said...

That last photo is beautiful! Nice job. I've been so busy at work this week, no time to participate in the banana split project.

buffalodick said...

You never see a banana split on a menu anymore!

Angel said...

GET IN MY BELLY!!!!!!

CreativeMish said...

These looks so good! My fave is banana's, vanilla, a tiny squeeze of chocolate and chopped walnuts.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Your banana splits are so cute and creative. Very clever Christo. They appeal to the child in all of us.
Sam

Chef Fresco said...

Aww I love these! Too cute and look super tasty!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin