Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Share Our Strength


The Westin, Princeton at Forrestal Village was the place to be if you are a New Jersey foodie. While it took me two hours and a minute to make the one hour drive in the rain from Manhattan I did finally show up to a packed house. People were scurrying about like kids in a new neighborhood at Halloween.


There were a lot of little bites to nosh on and plenty of liquids to wash it all down, they even had a ring toss to round out the carnival atmosphere.


The lucky winners of the extra tickets I was given by Foodbuzz for this event were Ciao Chow Linda, whom I did happen to locate and Stacey Snacks who somehow got lost in the hubbub and we never found each other.


Thanks Foodbuzz for giving me this opportunity, and thanks to Share our Strength and Taste of the Nation (click this link for the list of participating restaurants) for 22 years of charitable giving.

11 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

some impressive spread... great cause

Love these fly on the wall posts

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to attend and having the chance to meet you. I had a great time and it is for such a worthy cause. If only all childhood hunger could be eliminated!

Jenn said...

What a great event to attend. Great cause, good food, good people. That's what it's all about.

La Bella Cooks said...

Looks like a fantastic event. I'm envious!

lisaiscooking said...

Sounds like it was worth the drive in the rain. A great cause!

Christo Gonzales said...

ayg: I am a fly on the wall - how did you guess

ciao: it was so nice to meet you too - hunger is part of the problem - clean water is the biggie

jenn: isnt that the truth!

bridgett: no need to be - get involved in one of those SOS bake sales -

lisais: you know what....it was worth it!

♥peachkins♥ said...

This is a great cause..



blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

Sippity Sup said...

I am looking forward to the Santa Barbara event! GREG

The Glamorous Gourmet said...

Fabulous event AND cause! Thanks for sharing yor experience:)

Phyllis said...

Looks like it was worth the 2 hour drive. Sorry I missed the event and all the yummy eats!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a fabulous event. Too bad you didn't catch up with Stacey, whom I would love to meet.

I'm seriously wishing I lived close to a city instead out in the middle of no-where. What am I thinking, I hate traffic and have had my fill of cities over the years. Scratch what I said. I'll just enjoy events like this through your eyes.
Sam

Blog Widget by LinkWithin