When you go to just about any sit-down chain restaurant, you’re almost guaranteed to hear this question from your server: Would you like any appetizers? If you haven’t caught on by now, the server’s job is to not only sell you more food, but to make your dining experience as outstanding as possible, and interesting and tasty appetizers can really set the mood.
The trouble is, though, that most of the chains serve up some of the very same appetizers: mozzarella sticks, potato skins, chicken wings, etc. It seems that if you want a little variety when it comes to your antipasto these days, you have to do it yourself. Thankfully, there are quite literally hundreds of quick, easy and delectable finger food concoctions accessible to even the novice chef to help make your in-home dining experience outstanding. There are plenty of great appetizer recipes available at ricardocuisine.com and below you’ll find one terrific and effortless recipe that we love inspired by Ricardo..
Most chains (if you’re lucky) serve breadsticks gratis. Barring a few exceptions, these breadsticks are virtually the same anywhere you go. Many restaurants share the same suppliers. The next time you cook pasta at home, why not try this very simple and easy recipe for Sun-Dried Tomato and Garlic Bread Sticks. Chances are you already have most of these ingredients in the cupboard:
What You’ll Need:
- Baking sheet
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 package of refrigerated breadstick dough
- 3-4 roasted garlic cloves, mashed
- 2-3 tbsp of sun-dried tomato jam
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven specified temperature on the package of dough (generally 350° F, but follow the package’s directions)
- Lay the breadstick dough out on a cutting board and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper
- Spread the mashed garlic and sun-dried tomato jam across the dough.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top
- Spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Separate the pre-cut dough and place them a few inches apart on the baking sheet. Again, be sure to simply follow the directions outlined on the dough’s packaging for proper spacing.
- Bake in oven according to package directions.
And presto! With only minutes of prep and a few household ingredients, you have a tasty appetizer that your family and friends will love. Good luck finding a chain restaurant that will serve up such a unique, yet simple, starter to your meal.
*I was compensated for this post