Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Smokin' - The Big Easy® Is Your Entry Into The Big Leagues


Thanksgiving is right around the corner and nothing is going to treat your bird better. How often have you wanted to make big league BBQ but you didn't have the big league equipment to do it. You don't have a 30 foot rig with decals and and a pit master to go with it nor do you have the space to park something like this. Drum roll please - in walks The Big Easy your answer, your ticket, your golden egg. Living in New York City I don't have room for a big rig but if I did you know I would get one so instead I get all my smoking and low and slow bbq action done in my Big Easy. Big turkey day will be here before you know it so whether its a big bird, a small bird or several little birds you want to be ready now.

Hey maybe you don't want to make turkey this year - then don't - no one said you have to so instead make some ribs.
I get my ribs ready by boldly rubbing them down with an exotic mix of chiles and spices.
The tall rack is ideal for ribs, I am also using the optional rib hooks that attach to the basket.
I have the electrical unit because I already have a large charbroil grill with a propane tank and I don't want to have too many propane tanks up on my roof for safety reasons. This unit gets nice and hot. I usually fill the smoker drawer with left over rosemary sticks that I save up.
You know I just had to show you how perfect the ribs are.

I like to switch things up when I make a bbq sauce - this one is a cactus fruit and habanero sauce that is sweet, tangy and tropically spicy.
The Big Easy is awesome. You get a nice smoke ring, you get depth of flavor, you get it cooked perfectly because of the built in thermometer and heat settings, you get to show off. I have made turkey, porchetta, leg of lamb and lots and lots of ribs and every single thing has come out perfectly cooked. If you are short on space but you want to be long on flavor I wholeheartedly recommend you get your hands on a Char-Broil Big Easy. I actually don't know what I would do without it, grilling is one thing but low and slow smoking and making BBQ is something else entirely. You will love it.

Maybe you want to make a leg of lamb - then do it.
2014-04-20 18.42.34
2014-04-20 18.45.07
Lamb so Juicy, so flavorful so delicious I want some right now.
What about a nice juicy Porchetta - can't you taste that crispy skin?
Traditional turkey is always a winner  - hands down. Juicy breast, crispy skin, moist and smoky flavor - its making my mouth water just typing this.
So what ever you choose, be it a big turkey a few racks of ribs, a leg of lamb or a crispy skinned porchetta you can bet The Big Easy is gonna make it easy. Don't these fine BBQ's items look awesome. Good BBQ takes time. For something special this Thanksgiving - go with The Big Easy.




*I am a char-broil all-star and I get compensated for my opinion


2 comments:

solo said...

I just ran across your blog in my favorites looking for another saved website and popped in to take a peek. It all looks yummy, but the roof top pics make me miss Harold :(

Chris said...

Impressive line up that you have accomplished on the Big Easy. Didn't realize the electric model has a smoker drawer, the propane one that I have does not. Nice addition!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin