Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Frozen Rice Pudding For The Integrale Gauntlet with Marx Foods

Mmmmmmmm - imagine the warm and creamy comfort of delicious rice pudding - now freeze it, because that's exactly what I did! I made a champagne raisin and dried cranberry rice pudding and put it in the ice cream maker. This is my second entry for the Integrale Gauntlet - sweet rice.

Frozen Rice Pudding

1 cup of Integrale Rice
1 pint of heavy cream
4 tablespoons of vanilla sugar
4 tablespoons of champagne raisins
2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
2 egg yolks

For Sauce and Garnish

4 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
2 tablespoons of honey
ground up pistachios
salted caramel chocolate shavings
fresh raspberries

Reduce the Grand Marnier and honey until its as thick as the honey again.

Boil some rice in 2 cups of water until rice is tender. Add heavy cream, sugar, raisins, cranberries and egg yolks. Stir until mixed, let cool. When cool put in ice cream maker and let it do its thing for 5-10 minutes. Freeze overnight.
Scoop out and form into a quenelle. Pour some of the sauce around the frozen pudding. Garnish with pistachio pieces, chocolate shavings and bits of raspberry.
Mmmmmmmmm - Frozen creamy comfort!






20 comments:

Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef said...

What a clever idea and those flavors sound really good together. I'd have to put my thinking cap on to come up with anything close to this.

vanillasugarblog said...

Nice Dog. I adore that you made this frozen. Clever.

Christo Gonzales said...

@maureen - thats the risk I take when I throw my cards down early - I can't wait to see what you make!

Angie's Recipes said...

Gosh..this looks limpsmacking! Cool to see that you post recipes from time to time.

Christina said...

I looove rice pudding- what a fantastic idea to freeze it! Genius!

Sara @ Saucy Dipper said...

I'm not crazy about rice pudding, but I am crazy about ice cream and cold desserts, so I bet I'd love it. Beautiful pictures, too.

Cynthia said...

This is genius - frozen rice pudding! I am so making this sometime soon. Oh man, I can't wait! Like I've said before - You're the man!

Unknown said...

Love the idea of the ice cream and you took that to another level with the pistachio.. Who does not love pistachio with ice cream??? Great job Christo

Unknown said...

Love the idea of the ice cream and you took that to another level with the pistachio.. Who does not love pistachio with ice cream??? Great job Christo

Donna Currie said...

Looks good, and I love the garnishes!

nicole said...

the plate looks so beautiful! unfortunately, i don't have an ice cream maker, so couldn't make this :(

Susan said...

Very creative and anything with salted caramel would make me happy.

Susan said...

Very creative and anything with salted caramel makes me happy!

Susan said...

Very creative and anything with salted caramel makes me happy!

teresa said...

i would never think to freeze rice pudding, but it makes so much sense!

Marjie said...

Sounds like a good idea, but at the end of the day, I still love a good warm rice pudding, especially since it's cold so much of the year!

Barbara said...

Really intriguing! Looks like it doesn't freeze too hard either. Love the idea.

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

What a great recipe and who knew that you could "Freeze" rice pudding? Genius! so glad to have found your blog through Sam's Carolina Kitchen…..Mangiamo and graze mille, amico!

Jill~a SaucyCook said...

I love this!! I can't wait to try my Quinoa Pudding in the ice cream maker. Dude, you're brilliant!

urban vegan said...

That's a really interesting idea. Your presentation is always so gorgeous. You are a plating artist!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin